In this post, we hope to assist expanding businesses in making an educated decision when it comes to purchasing the best OKR software. We will not only describe the features to look for, but we will also provide you with a comparison review of the best OKR software on the market to help you determine which is best for your needs.
The Advantages of Using Best OKR Software
There are various advantages to adopting the best OKR software. from promoting more responsibility to assisting teams in being on the same page. Here is a brief overview of the potential benefits of OKR software:
1. Follow-ups that are automated.
One of the most significant advantages of the best OKR software is that it uses the ability of RPA to automate follow-ups and nudges to guarantee that everyone routinely updates their progress on each OKR. This aids in grading OKR accomplishment and allows managers to determine whether or not performance is on track.
2. greater goal transparency
Second, OKR software makes everyone’s goals visible. In this manner, everyone can see the goals in the same way and keep track of each other’s performance.
3. Real-time insights
AI-powered OKR software has the ability to provide managers with real-time information. Managers may use an integrated dashboard to monitor OKR performance and resolve any risks or issues in advance.
4. Goal-setting coaching
Finally, OKR software has the ability to assist managers with OKR teaching, which involves creating, monitoring, and grading OKRs in the most effective manner. Furthermore, using guided templates may assist managers in aligning OKRs with 1:1 talks with their team members to guarantee fruitful meetings.
Top 20 Best OKR Software In 2022
Let’s take a look at the best OKR software to try in 2022.
- Employees can post comments on goal tracking to add context.
- Automatic progress reports and monitoring reminders are provided.
- It allows you to tailor goal visibility at various levels.
- The ability to create repeating goal cycles with preset deadlines.
- Increased accountability through dashboard progress timelines with the owner, contributor, and team filters.
- The possibility of creating a goal tree to show ownership
- Calendar integration is not available for Outlook users.
- The user interface is not appealing.
- It provides a guided weekly check-in to track progress.
- It provides seven different sorts of key outcomes for tracking any form of objective.
- Heatmaps in real time for strategic interventions
- The KPI collection has over 400 built-in and configurable KPIs.
- OKR templates allow you to construct OKRs for each level in under 5 minutes.
- The possibility of collaborating with mentions and tagging
- Tasks cannot be shown in Gantt chart style.
- In the beginning, having too many features might be daunting.
- Assign an OKR champion to hold high objectives accountable.
- OKR weights—Assign various weights to distinct OKRs to define priority.
- Individual OKR approval workflow for managers—assess employee objectives as you go
- Top industry specialists provide OKR teaching to managers.
- With the integrated Meetings feature, OKR check-in is easier, more timely, and less stressful.
- Integrations with leading productivity and communication software
- Insights on daily OKR development in real time
- Assign owners to each goal, task, and project.
- OKR coaching and onboarding assistance for effective 1:1s
- There is currently no mobile app available.
- Goals are communicated to everyone in the company.
- tracks OKR development and provides automatic updates.
- This allows managers to uncover workforce strengths and possibilities for establishing ambitious goals.
- Rewards for intelligent risk-taking and creativity.
- Identify early opportunities to pivot or strengthen critical strategic objectives.
- Clarification of how each OKR contributes to organisational influence
- User-friendliness is limited.
- Reporting capabilities are limited.
- Real-time tracking of OKRs and weekly check-ins
- Establish individual OKRs and link them to organisational goals.
- Insights are reported to highlight opportunities for improvement.
- The Center for Evidence-Based Management’s research backs it up (CEBMa).
- Managers can access OKR coaching.
- Excellent reminders to help with responsibility for weekly progress reporting.
- Dashboard control is limited.
- The absence of Outlook calendar integration
#6. Culture Amp
- Goal management that is dynamic and involves cross-team collaboration
- Increased visibility of OKR
- Sharing OKR findings and feedback is simple.
- user-friendly and scientifically supported.
- Templates that are easily modifiable
- Simple goal progress monitoring and outcome alignment.
- Reporting choices are not adjustable.
- 200+ OKR examples for all teams, including sales, marketing, and leadership.
- Multiple perspectives on alignment, ownership, and accountability
- More than 160 unique insights for installation and OKR audits.
- Integration with Slack and Microsoft Teams
- The ability to display OKRs in a single location and change visibility for improved decision making
- Tags allow for simple OKR classification.
- Some basic functions are missing.
- Navigation might be difficult at times while setting OKRs.
- programme for OKR preparedness and acceleration for expanding businesses.
- Visual dashboards and the flexibility to assign varying weights to certain priorities
- Comprensive OKR examples for various organisational levels
- Coaching and consultation for OKRs
- expert-designed OKR templates that are simple to use for all teams.
- OKR Check-ins and Flexible OKR Scoring with Guidance
- The UI’s intuitiveness is restricted.
- The OKR hierarchy can be perplexing.
- Capability to connect OKRs with 1:1s and performance reviews.
- Goal weighting is adjustable.
- Rapid, frictionless surface for goal setting, tracking, and reflection.
- JIRA and Salesforce connections for progress tracking.
- Analytics for advanced goals and OKRs
- Some people may find it challenging to use.
- The user interface has poor intuitive qualities.
- Simple insights about group performance
- goal dashboard with robust goal visibility, data, and tracking.
- Align organisational, team, and individual goals with those of various contributors.
- Check-in and progress updates in real time.
- Analytics that are customizable and sophisticated
- Real-time progress tracking and participation in threads and debates
- Goal customization options are limited.
- Some functionalities can be difficult to use.
ClickUp is a highly rated productivity and OKR solution used by productive teams in both small and large businesses.
ClickUp is the ideal best OKR software for performance management, with extensive performance evaluation tools and remote team management.
- Capability to develop weekly plans for OKR achievement
- Personal OKR teaching and live OKR assistance.
- Weekly OKR progress reports and e-mail
- To effectively depict goals, use a hierarchical perspective.
- OKR training for the shift from Excel spreadsheets to OKR software
- OKR examples to help you get started quickly
- Setup may be difficult.
- At times, the UX might be challenging to use.
Wrike is an best OKR software that provides visibility to teams and project managers over individual objectives that align with the business vision.
Wrike also provides OKR templates to assist teams in developing objectives that match with and work toward a larger, more ambitious aim.
- View extensive data to identify top performers.
- Use the resource management function to efficiently distribute resources.
- This tool has a time-tracking function.
- With a centralised vision, teams with diverse emphasis areas may collaborate.
- This OKR platform lacks a note-taking feature, limiting its ideation possibilities.
- Custom workflows and workload charts are not available in the free plan.
- There is no chat functionality, making it more difficult to convey goals to the entire organisation.
- It is difficult to calculate the percentage of completion for partially finished projects.
Aha! is a goal-setting software that assists cross-functional teams in capturing ideas, setting deadlines, and tracking progress.
The app is also an best OKR software option for any product or marketing team looking to create items that people like.
- You can estimate the time and money needed to complete a job.
- Use task dependencies to meet deadlines and prevent bottlenecks.
- Real-time visualisation of the roadmap and reporting progress
- Real-time document editing for groups that wish to collaborate on ideas and goals.
- For unskilled users, the onboarding procedure for this OKR platform is complex.
- The reporting functionality is difficult to utilise.
- There is no integrated chat option for cooperation and transparency.
Asana is a task management programme that uses project planning capabilities to help teams accomplish their work goals.
This OKR management tool assists you in understanding the relationship between your main goals and your everyday operations.
- Custom fields allow you to add more information to your tasks.
- The workload function lets you know how much bandwidth your team has.
- It provides templates for corporate objectives and team goals to assist you in getting started with your duties.
- Only the premium business plan includes the objective functionality and the Salesforce integration.
- The free plan only allows for 15 participants per team.
- It is not possible to give tasks to many team members, which may hamper goal coordination.
Koan provides a basic OKR management solution that allows you to match your everyday activities with predefined goals.
This software may help your team communicate, whether you’re working from home or the office, by defining quantifiable goals for everyone to follow.
- Integrate objectives with existing platforms such as Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Jira.
- Access case studies and webinars to assist you in meeting your OKR objectives.
- Using crucial data points, they identify distinct trends to make educated judgments.
- The free plan does not include organisational or personal goals.
- Automation features are limited. Items in a batch, for example, cannot be modified.
- This software does not allow you to design a hierarchical workflow.
NTask is a project management tool, but it is our top option for the best OKR software because of its feature-rich platform with the ability to monitor and track OKRs, multiple integrations, user-friendly UI, and abundant support and onboarding resources.
nTask allows you to track and manage individual contributors’ activities, where you may use the functionality offered for individual accountability and ensure timely task and goal fulfilment.
Hirebook is a cutting-edge OKR application that includes extremely productive features like automatic check-ins, virtual meetings, KPIs, and detailed organisational charts. The software also includes seminars to assist remote teams in developing their own OKR solution.
- Real-time dashboards and stats are available.
- Schedule periodic reports to be distributed to employees’ email addresses.
- KPIs, weekly targets, and daily plans are used to track performance.
- There is no free version of this software.
- It is not possible to set goals or tasks for numerous team members.
- The parameters recorded do not provide detailed analysis.
7Geese is a cloud-based performance management software that is an excellent alternative for HR teams and other businesses seeking individual performance management.
The software is intended to aid in corporate goal-setting and management while also measuring staff engagement.
Key characteristics include:
- Communication aids
- Forms that are customizable
- OKRs and company goals
- Constant feedback
- Tracking the status of reviews
PeopleGoal was named the best ORK solution for HR departments on our list. PeopleGoal is a feature-rich platform that includes capabilities such as a configurable feedback system and a balanced scorecard approach to goal-setting. The tool also has a number of integrations. And it’s all wrapped up in a beautiful design.
Key characteristics include:
- 360-degree evaluation
- Continuous performance evaluation
- Skills evaluation
- Dashboards that are customizable
- Progress monitoring
- Management of objectives
- Strategic thinking
- KPI tracking
What constitutes excellent OKRs?
OKRs are comprised of two distinct components: objectives and key results. Good OKR examples have explicit, quantifiable, and attainable key results that are time-bound. What I mean by clear objectives is that they should be simple for people to comprehend so that they can participate. Because they are the milestones that illustrate our development, the important results should be explicit and measurable. Furthermore, they should be attainable, particularly within a reasonable time span.
What exactly is the OKR model?
OKR is essentially a methodology for tracking your company’s success. You should outline your company’s aims and critical results. Following that, with weekly check-ins, you’ll know where you were and where you are now. By building your own simple OKR template, you can immediately begin applying the OKR model to your firm.
How are OKRs measured?
There are essentially two kinds of crucial results:
- Key numerical results
- The key logical outcomes
Numeric key results can be expressed as a percentage ranging from 0 to 100. Logical key outcomes are either 1 or 0.